Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Della 4/7/2010

Despite your anticipated disapproval I admit I spend over half my income on cigarettes, specifically Camels. Reynolds American Inc. is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. is the company in charge of manufacturing and selling Camel cigarettes. Stock for R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co. is trading at $54.312. Recently the FDA has banned cigarette companies from giving out free samples of their products and the advertisement of their products on promotional gear, concerts and sporting events. I would expect this to lower the stock for R.J. Reynolds because federal laws are constricting the outreach cigarette companies have, limiting their involvment in media and culture, leading to a decrease in popularity and money. I would not invest in this. Cigarette companies are notourious for being evil and thriving on immoral methods. This doesn't bother me, cigarettes are lethal but so is icecream.

No comments:

Post a Comment